Monday, November 24, 2008

Coach Colette Gets Canned on December 16th!

OK, now that I have your attention, let me tell you about an exciting career and social networking event on Tuesday, December 16, from 7:00 - 10:00 PM called Get Canned.

Get Canned is a charitable, social networking event to help you expand your contacts and discover your next professional opportunity in 2009. It will be held at e l e m e n t, a funky venue in lower Manhattan.

Being laid off, or 'getting canned,' rarely has a positive side to it; but, Get Canned takes a positive spin and embraces the theme - collecting canned goods for the Food Bank for New York City in place of a cover charge to attend the event.

Coach Colette is IN!

I'll be on hand in the Elevation Lounge to answer your questions and offer complimentary laser-coaching sessions. Get the guidance and support you need to face (and embrace) your career transition! One lucky raffle winner will win a FREE CAREER COACHING PACKAGE!

You CAN do it – I did!

Nearly six years ago, I found out that my position would be eliminated because of a company merger. Ironically, that was my second "downsizing" experience within 13 months! The way I saw it, I had two choices [now I know there were many others too!]:

1. Attempt to find another job
2. Attempt to sell my skills on the “open market” as a consultant

What did I do? I leveraged my contacts and skills, and chose the latter option. I’ve spent the past six years building my consulting and coaching practice to the level it is today. Come to Get Canned on December 16 to learn how you too can transition into success in 2009!

Healthy mind -- healthy body -- healthy career!

Equinox Fitness will have personal trainers onsite to answer your questions and help plan your 2009 fitness routine. They're donating a FREE MEMBERSHIP pass to the raffle!

Join me on Tuesday, December 16 at element for Get Canned!
Register TODAY and stop by to say hello. Don't forget to bring two non-perishable canned food items for FREE admission!

1 comment:

fatfighter said...

Nice headline - definitely had me going. :)

I, too, have lost a job before. It's such a difficult time, but you find that it leads to other opportunities you might not have ever considered.