Thursday, November 13, 2008

Can You Flip the Script to be More Positive?

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I was invited by Diane Danielson founder of the Downtown Women's Club to be a guest blogger on the womensDISH blog. My latest post is called Flip the Script: How To Stay Positive in Challenging Times.

I was prompted to write the post because of the national economic and employment situation. I'm concerned that the heightened media coverage may be making some of us get over-anxious and miss out on new, positive opportunities. It can be challenging enough to flip the script on our own negative "self-talk" [tips for which I share in the post]; let alone to override the media. As I admitted on the DISH, I have minimized the amount of news coverage that I watch as one strategy (the former die-hard-CNBC junkie did get a small "fix" today!).

As you may know, I've been working on incorporating the Strategic Attraction TM approach into my business and personal spheres. To help me, I've created a daily task in Outlook that includes positive affirmations that encourage me to accept the positive energy and blessings that are available to me.

Incorporating new behaviors like flipping the script often takes time to "stick" because it takes practice. And, because we're human, sometimes we'll slip up [the Coach admits to feeling cranky about an hour ago]. The trick is to not beat yourself up and cause more anxiety because you think you "should" be getting better at it.

I like that I have multiple tools and mantras that I can use to re-center myself when I do feel a bit off balance or blue. What do you do? Post your ideas or tweet me! :)

2 comments:

Paco Bailac said...

saludos Colette.

¿que opinas del coaching latino?


pacobailacoach.blogspot.com

Fay said...

A big congratulations to you! I have finished my review of "Discover Your Competent Advantage" and I'm pleased to let you know your blog has been added to Blogging Women.

You are doing an outstanding job with your blog, please keep up the great work.

Wishing you continued success!