Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fitness Tips and Talkcast Recording Online

Hey there, I've just uploaded the recording from our Women's Health & Fitness Day Talkcast to our Competent Advantage TM podcast channel on Gcast. (Click on the Gcast icon on the right toolbar of this site)

The show was great -- when you listen, be sure to stay tuned (we didn't end after Rebecca's HYTR updates) because we got some great questions and audience interaction -- for example, have you ever tried "hot" yoga?

Some tips we discussed included:
  1. Find a fitness activity you ENJOY -- you'll be much more likely to stay committed
  2. Include walking into your daily routine -- to get your lunch, as part of your commute (to/from parking lot or public transportation), or with a local walking group
  3. Use common household or office items/furniture for quick exercise breaks
  4. Don't overdo it -- build up to longer cycles and/or faster pace routines
  5. Discuss any changes or additions to your fitness routine with a qualified professional

In case you're interested in my fitness goals, I watched my pilates video this morning; and, I've signed up for a complimentary pilates mat class for tomorrow. I'm considering how I might do pilates in the morning and yoga at night ... not sure, but I'm making an effort. Thanks for helping to keep me on track! :)

No comments: