Thursday, November 04, 2010

How's Your Want-To? Get Inspired for FREE through Nov. 30

Have you been looking for a little boost these days? Or, searching for insights to keep you motivated as you continue to navigate today's New Normal? Good news -- right now, there's a FREE online Leadership & Influence Summit happening! Originally scheduled to end today, the event has been extended through November 15th.

This online event features brief, inspirational and informative videos from over 30 of the top experts on business and leadership including: Marshall Goldsmith, Michael Gerber, and Keith Ferrazzi. And, they're all "on-demand" so you can watch them on your own time, at your own pace.

I first learned of the program from my good friend, Kevin Carroll (8/31!!!!), who is also part of the Summit. His presentation is about how we can maximize our Human Potential. The great thing about Kevin, though, is that he keeps it real and shares insights from his lessons on the playground and from his grandparents.

I had the wonderful fortune to meet and travel with Kevin during my work on the Turning the Page leadership development training for public librarians. His keynote presentations inspired me every single time I heard them (over 25 times). And, I must admit, that recently I've had to check my "want to"-- that's his grandfather's expression for passion and drive -- as it's been a little worn down. Yes, even the Coach has to do some soul searching every now and then! Kevin reminded me that I am courageous by staying committed to building my business even in the uncertainty of today's New Normal.

Listening to Kevin on the Summit has helped. I also discovered a new potential inspirer, Jon Gordon, whose video is about Positive Leadership. His soup analogy made me recall my grandma's macaroni and cheese -- it wasn't the type of cheese she used that made it so good, it was all the love that was baked in.

When you have the chance, take a look at the videos on the Summit, and let me know what are your favorites! You can share them here, or feel free to tweet me on Twitter (their hashtag is #landisummit).

No comments: