Friday, October 29, 2010

NEW Podcast: Meditation-Your Secret to Success in the New Normal

Can meditation change your brain? That's a question that neuroscientists have been seeking to answer for decades - and there appears to be some evidence that it can, in a positive way. In today's New Normal, the pressure to perform can be overwhelming. The good news is that you CAN find tools to relax and release your tension and anxiety. Meditation is one of those stress-releasing tools. And one, I'd suggest, that could become your [peaceful] "secret weapon" to overcome personal or professional hurdles and challenges you may be facing.

This summer, I completed a 21-day meditation "challenge" led by the Chopra Center for Wellbeing. I've been meditating nearly every day since then (even while I was out of the country). I've found that it helps me because I'm more easily able to access a mantra or positive phrase to flip my script when things get stressful.

With my newly-regained interest in meditation, I thought it would be great to create a podcast that would help others learn more about the benefits of regular meditation. And, so my latest podcast is my conversation with Stacey Shipman, creator of the audio CD Let it Flow: Short Guided Meditations and author of Experience Less Stress, More Success: Networking for Business. It was great to chat with Stacey again because she really makes it easy for people to learn how to relieve their stress and boost their personal confidence.

In the podcast, Stacey and I talk about the different types of meditation, and how easy it can be to begin meditating using the type you most enjoy. We share tips to remove distractions (internal thoughts and external things) that can get in your way, and discuss how you can build meditation into your daily schedule to help you focus on your true priorities.

So, you know I'm a curious coach! After you've listened to the podcast, let me know what you think; and share your successes (or challenges) with meditation. Where is the best place, and when is best time for you to meditate? Feel free to share your comments here, or tweet me on Twitter. Until we next connect, Namaste!

No comments: