Thursday, December 04, 2008

In Interviews, How Do You Back that Asset Up?

To keep on track with our getting back to basics strategy on career and personal development, I thought I'd provide some tips to answer an "oldie but goodie" interview question: What are your strengths (and weaknesses)?

Check out this quick video featuring my hints on how to respond to both sides of the question. And, let me know what you think -- post your thoughts and comments here, or tweet Coach Colette on Twitter.

Has the question about your weaknesses ever tripped you up? When, sharing your strengths, how do you back that asset up? [just checking to see if you're really paying attention here, LOL!]

Given we're at the end of the year, how would preparing to answer this question help you in a performance review conversation with your manager/supervisor?

Watch the video and let me know if you get some clues or ideas!

No comments: