Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm Giving Broads an Advantage on Aug. 6

I'm excited that I've put the finishing touches on my 10 Tips to Make Your Net -- Work presentation. On Monday, August 6, I'll be speaking to a group of fantastic undergrad "broads" who are participating in the Broad Advantage summer program.

Broad Advantage is a one-week immersion in the professional world. My session on Networking is just one of many offered by fellow 85 Broad members and other dynamic speakers to help prepare these women for leadership and career success. We get to share tips and exchange ideas with 120+ college women who were accepted to participate in either the NYC or Los Angeles program.

This is just one of the many fantastic programs created by Janet Hanson (former leader at Goldman Sachs -- hence the name of the organization, which is the NYC address) and her team at 85 Broads. Founded in 1999 as a network for current and former GS female professionals, 85 Broads now has over 17,000 members worldwide. Their mission:

85 Broads is for women who appreciate the importance of relationships and who use every opportunity to leverage their own powerful networks on behalf of other women all over the world.

I can't wait to be make some great, new connections on August 6!

No comments: