Wednesday, August 08, 2007

NEW Podcast with Stress Management Tips

I'm having what could be considered a stressful moment due to the storm in New York City last night -- limited subway service, 20-minute delay in car service, possible re-scheduling of a prospect meeting. But, I'm taking it all in stride and am using this "free" moment to let you know about my NEW podcast on managing your stress.

I recently was interviewed by Tim Mulvaney, founder of the Mulvaney Group. His company's mission is to "help fix the unfixable via Courageous Conversations." We talked about how our perception of stressful situations can sometimes heighten the stress we experience. The podcast has been uploaded to my Gcast site, and is also available to download from Tim's website. Also on his website is a downloadable copy of the Stress Coping Skills Ladder -- a tip sheet I created to help you monitor how you respond to stress (from counterproductive activities through to problem solving).

So, I'm trying to take my own advice now and stay at the top of the ladder -- focusing on making sure everyone I'm supposed to meet is aware that I might be late; checking email to see if my afternoon meeting has actually been cancelled; and blogging. You know, the actual act of writing this down seems to be calming me ... I think! :) ... Gotta go and call the car service!

No comments: