Friday, February 03, 2006

Get Motivated with a Quick Change in Scenery

View of Salt Lake City landscape from The Garden at Temple Square (2/2/2006)

In the Competent Advantage TM workshop, we ask: If you had a completely free day, what would you do?

We ask that you reflect on your "free day fantasies" as a first step to discovering your personal motivators and drives. A key goal of the program is to help you align your role/function with your motivators to create opportunities for career success.

"So, what does this have to do with Salt Lake City?", you may ask. Well, a change in scenery often can be motivational. I had the opportunity to visit Salt Lake yesterday on business. I didn't have a completely "free day;" but, I did have time to enjoy my view of the Wasatch mountain range during my lunch break. I walked away from the trip rejuvenated -- open space and great landscapes just do that for me!

How does this align with my career/business?

  1. I am determined to explore ways to develop additional business west of the Mississippi
  2. And, I took advantage of a new technology -- mobile blogging -- to share this picture with you!

How will you leverage your "free day fantasies"?

PS -- I sent this message using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless! To learn how you can snap pictures with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix.

No comments: