Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tap Your Way to Less Stress, Better Health

I just had an amazing experience at a workshop I went to last week to learn a technique called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique).

EFT (sometimes known as “Tapping”) involves tapping on a series of acupuncture meridian points on the face and body while repeating certain phrases to clear negative emotions and painful sensations. Tapping in this structured way helps to clear energy blockages and release stresses deep within the body.

In fact, it goes far further than this; EFT can be used to improve many areas of your life and health. Empirical and evidence-based research has shown that EFT has helped people to overcome anxiety, stress, panic attacks, PTSD, fears and other phobias; as well as to achieve weight loss and eliminate food cravings. Such compelling results for such an easy, user-friendly technique -- it's priceless!

I came across EFT early this year through an online tapping summit, as I was seeking out new body-mind-spirit healing techniques. This summer, I decided to purchase the EFT Manual by Gary Craig to guide me through learning this fantastic technique. Gary Craig is a Stanford-trained engineer who developed the EFT process in the early 1990's based on his study of Thought Field Therapy (TFT) with Dr. Roger Callahan.



As I read through the EFT Manual and began tapping, I became more and more interested in learning how I might include EFT into my own stress management practice. This led me to explore various EFT websites to find out about training and certification programs. Lo and behold, I found the amazing EFT Master Trainer, Practitioner, and course leader Peter Donn

Peter came all the way to NYC from London last week to lead an exciting 2-day Level 1 EFT Training! As well as having my own powerful experiences, I personally witnessed many participants’ past traumas dissolving (likely permanently) over the course of 30 minutes work with Peter, as well as physical symptoms being relieved in as little as 5-15 minutes. 

I'll keep you posted as I continue to use EFT to heal myself and as I work towards my EFT certification -- my next step is Level 2 Training. I'll also be including EFT into my coaching sessions and training workshops in the coming weeks and months. Let's TAP our way to less stress, better health, and emotional freedom!! 

No comments: