Monday, July 09, 2007

Coach vs. Mentor: How do you choose?

Happy Monday to all!
I’m doing a little research to learn more about what motivates people to hire coaches as opposed to (or in addition to) seeking advice from mentors.

At the end of the month, I'll be leading a workshop on Coaching & Mentoring at the BlogHer ’07 conference (a cool gathering of bloggers from across the country). To help prepare for the session, I’ve created two brief surveys (no more than 6 questions) to hear from both “sides of the fence,” and I’d love to receive your input!

By the way, you can learn more about the session and how to register for BlogHer at: http://blogher.org/node/19422

Thanks, and have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have worked with both. I use my coach on a regular basis to keep me focused and working toward a particular goal; my mentors are people I consult with only occasionally to help me formulate the goal and, perhaps, provide me with contacts to help open other doors. Because I'm a small business owner, I find both to be an invaluable part of my "team."