Friday, January 06, 2012

My 3 Words for 2012

Happy New Year! In keeping with tradition (isn't it funny how habits/rituals become tradition?), I'd like to share with you my 3 Words for 2012. I can't believe it's been three years since I adopted this habit from Chris Brogan ... where did the time go?!

Ironically, since taking on this habit, I've noticed that my mind begins thinking of the 3 Words that will shape the next year sooner. So, I'll share my 3 Words (and some of my intentions) in the order in which they came to and inspired me ... although my Type A personality wants me to share them in alphabetical order, LOL! :-) Drum roll please .....
  1. Travel: I intend to travel via multiple business trips and vacations to see the world and expand my horizons. This word was inspired by a few things including my intention/desire to travel to London to watch the 2012 Olympics. I'd also like to travel to lead women's empowerment programs around the world in places like Haiti and Libya.
  2. Wealth: I intend to build wealth in 2012 so I can do more, live longer, leave a legacy, transform lives and change the world. I've begun adopting a different mindset about money as a form of energy with which I can do GREAT things. I know the more I earn the more I can serve others -- on a business and personal level.
  3. Fun: I intend to have fun with my family, friends, soulmate, clients, business partners, and associates in 2012. I intend to incorporate fun into my work, my play, my ME-TIME, my vacation (yes, will need some support on that one!). The personal mantra that has developed in my mind around this word is: Have FUN, or go home! And, I've created a new business slogan around this word as well: InStep Consulting -- We Make Healthy Living FUN!
So far, I've written my intention statements associated with all 3 Words. And, I've incorporated images into my Vision Board slideshow to represent these words. I'll be creating my Outlook daily task item with these intentions later today. And, I'm hopeful and optimistic for the year.

I will note the potential irony of writing this post today -- according to Deepak Chopra and the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Friday is aligned with The Law of Detachment, which states:
"Allow yourself and others the freedom to be who they are. Do not force solutions -- allow solutions to spontaneously emerge. Uncertainty is essential and is your path to freedom."
So, I know that I have begun the year with my intentions; and I need be detached from the solutions or outcomes. I don't know exactly how my 3 Words will shape my life in 2012. I know only that I'm expressing these words from a place of love and good intentions. And, I know that this level of detachment will come more easily on some (Fri)days than others!

What are your 3 Words for 2012? What intentions do you have for this year?

No comments: