Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Brief Reflection on 2010


Sam Javanrouh, http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/
Today, my daily Enneagram message inspired me to take some time to reflect on 2010. The message had a compelling reflection prompt and a personal exploration question all wrapped into one! So, I thought I'd share them both with you:
  • Reflection Prompt: Reflect on 2010 to see how you've grown and what issues still block your way to deeper transformation.
  • Exploration Question: Has there been a theme during 2010, and do you see a pattern for your future challenges [and opportunities]?
For me, I believe that I have grown spiritually by committing to and completing the Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Challenge. Since August, I've been meditating and/or reciting my gratitude list nearly every day. And, I use the mantras I've learned to "flip my script" and counteract any negative self-talk. I believe that this new perspective has continued to motivate me to explore new possibilities for my business and be open to attracting new potential partners.

You know that as a coach I believe in transparency; so I'm choosing to share my personal transformation challenge (of letting go) with you. I believe I'm blocked in allowing certain things to manifest in my personal life. It is a continual process for me to affirm my future vision, set my intentions and LET GO of the exact manner in which these things will manifest for me personally.

The primary theme for 2010 is based on one of my 3-Words for 2010 -- global. You've read about my global library project, plus new global partnerships I formed this year. I do intend to deepen and expand my global relationships in 2011, and do more traveling as well. I need to get out (of my office) to explore the world and continue to expand my horizons.

I'm sharing this small excerpt of my 2010 reflection and 2011 visioning, even as I've been aiming to unplug during my snowy "staycation" this week. I'm still pondering what will be my 3-Words for 2011; and have yet to create my 2011 vision slideshow. But, I didn't want the year to end without a quick message to you. Thank you for reading and for sharing your thoughts and insights with me this past year.

"Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose one knows not, though one senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people." -- Albert Einstein

Here's wishing you a Fantastic, Fun, Healthy, Happy New Year!
I look forward to interacting with you in 2011.

No comments: