Monday, December 10, 2007

NEW Podcast on Healthy Holiday Eating

Now that the year-end holiday season is underway, many of us may be concerned about keeping our fitness goals on track despite the many tempting treats we will encounter at company and association holiday parties, family dinners, gatherings with friends ... etc. You know what I'm talking about! :)

Well, last week, I recorded a podcast with Amy Rivera, a weight loss coach with Keystone Life Coaching. She is also a founding partner of BeWellLiving.com, an online resource for health and wellness. In this conversation, we talked about healthy holiday eating habits and tips to NOT offend your friends or family if their eating habits don’t coincide with yours.

Believe it or not, macaroni and cheese is one of my weaknesses. There is also a strong emotional-familial connection to that dish because it reminds me of my grandma. And, my choice to not eat meat (except fish) sometimes makes it hard to avoid overdoing it on carbs (mac/cheese, candied yams, stuffing, and/or rice). So, I will aim to practice a few of Amy's tips -- exercising before I go to Christmas dinner (pilates has become a near-habit) and eating slowly.

Listen to the podcast and let me know how you will eating healthy during the holidays!

No comments: